M E R C U R Y P O W E R M A K E U P!
We mustn’t keep meeting like this. Communication between the people of the Moon and the Earth is forbidden. It is the way of the gods. We mustn’t fall in love. But it’s already too late
- just watched the first two episodes of Sailor Moon Crystal… SO PRETTY OMG. So much nostalgia. The five year old in me squeals with joy.
- still cannot get over Inhuman, and the worst thing about it is that nobody I know has read the book so I can’t talk about it with anyone (so what else is new?)
- also finished Half Bad in the same week and I just… I don’t know what to do. YA books are so often disappointing these days. I loved YA books like Warm Bodies, Across the Universe, The Hunger Games, A Great and Terrible Beauty, His Dark Materials trilogy (which is more children’s than young adult), but it’s getting increasing hard to find YA books of a great calibre. The problem with this is that in recent months I’ve only exclusively wanted to read books that are typically YA - fast-paced, action-packed, plot-oriented, easy to read, with a science fiction or fantasy base.
- continue reading for my thoughts on the aforementioned books - SPOILERS AHEAD
when i find stretch marks on my thighs i make a point of smooching them because they’re just doing their best at keeping the all-powerful immortal Being within me from ripping my mortal shell asunder in a blaze of heavenly glory and eviscerating the cosmos in my divine wrath
Not giving a shit sounds like apathy, but it’s not. It’s simply a refusal to waste your energy and time on thoughts you’re not going to act on. So when you do give a shit, make sure that the point of this shit-giving is to figure out what you’re actually going to do in response to what happened, and then move on to the action part.
Here is a handy flow-chart:
Had a great week :)
- Bazouka was quieter than expected, but the highlight of the weekend was seeing Leo & Becky Neves again and having an AMAZING dance with Leo… it’s so nice to see them again after meeting them at the Wellington congress, and they’re just the loveliest and most down to earth people. Hope to see them again when I go down to Christchurch at the end of August!
- hung out a few times with dance friends - late night Denny’s one night, shisha, fries and apple tea for another and then a dinner at La Porchetta last night before our zouk revision class. It’s nice to get to know them all a bit more personally and spend time with them outside of social dancing and dance classes :)
- just started Bex’s 21 Day Mantra Challenge! I’m not sure if I’m doing it right - I really just like to read the mantras and think about them as opposed to fully meditating on them (my patience has been running low recently), though I did listen to Bex’s meditation audio this afternoon.
On the topic of body confidence which is the first topic in this 21 day challenge, I’d like to challenge myself to write a few things that I like about my body - no negatives or hesitation allowed!
Gonna try commit to this for the next 21 days… On the way to becoming a better me :) #bexlife #blissedin #21daymantrachallenge
Promise yourself to be strong, that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side as long as you are true to the best that is in you.